Salt Lake City Chinese Christian Church
The Salt Lake City Chinese Christian Church, an evangelical, non-denominational Protestant church,
located in Salt Lake City, Utah, is seeking a full-time Pastor of the English ministry, Living Stone
For consideration as a potential candidate for the English Pastor position, it is highly desired that he will have the following qualifications:
1. A professing Christian and have undergone believer’s baptism in an evangelical, Protestant church
2. Demonstrate and strive for mature Christian character as described by the qualifications of a church elder as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
3. Completed an accredited seminary training program with a graduate level degree
4. Culturally sensitive to Chinese culture, but does not have to be Chinese in ethnicity or have verbal
proficiency in Chinese
5. Applicants for the English pastoral position must uphold, abide by, and promote the statements of
faith and by-laws of the Salt Lake City Chinese Christian Church.
The English ministry pastor shall be responsible for the pulpit; Gospel-centered, Christ exalting
expository preaching; shepherding and teaching; discipleship; overseeing Sunday worship; conducting baptism and the Lord’s Supper; overseeing English ministry; supporting Youth ministry; biblical counseling; visitations; assisting in the preparation of mission projects; attending the Elder and Deacon Board meetings with voting privileges; held accountable to the church board and the church; and representing this church in spiritual matters.
For potential candidates, please submit a resumé, personal testimony including conversion experience, doctrinal beliefs, statement of God’s calling for ministry, and ministry vision statement to Lowell Chang, Pastor Search Committee at Salt Lake City Chinese Christian Church, 1910 East 3900 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84124 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information or questions, please contact Lowell Chang by phone at (216)-280-8590 or email at